Junior Mechanical Engineer
20 mei 2021
As a Junior Mechanical Engineer you are the primary responsible for innovative and cost-effective design solutions, specifically with regards to the HyET Hydrogen Electrochemical Compressor and Purifier range
As a Junior Mechanical Engineer you are the primary responsible for innovative and cost-effective design solutions, specifically with regards to the HyET Hydrogen Electrochemical Compressor and Purifier range. The design included improvements for manufacturability, performance, CAPEX and OPEX reduction and life-cycle requirements.
You forms part the Mechanical Department and will contribute to the mechanical designs, calculations and reports required to achieve the company goals. Under the leadership of the Lead Mechanical Engineer the Junior Mechanical Engineer will contribute to the key intellectual Property and Products of HyET Hydrogen, including the Electrochemical Hydrogen Compressor and Purifier, with an expanding product range included in the company’s plans. Primary design tasks and milestones include the reduction of cost, increase of manufacturability and certification according to global standards and requirements.
General activities for a Junior Mechanical Engineer at HyET Hydrogen are:
- Form part of a multi-disciplinary teams focused on delivering project-orientated results, the teams will comprise of external and internal deliverables, including R&D and optimization functions;
- Be responsible to deliver on-time, accurate and efficient designs, reports, engineering calculations and other deliverables on-time deliverables of a high quality;
- Create innovative and cost-effective concepts and designs utilizing CAD (Solidworks); it is expected that CAD assemblies and technical drawings are completed according to HyET conventions and ISO standards;
- Communicate with Lead Engineer and Project Managers to clarify, define and assign engineering tasks;
- Report to the Lead Engineer in a clear and concise manner on a regular basis regarding progress and development towards milestones;
- Manage personal tasks, progress, completion, risks and non-conformances;
- Create and maintain technical files of products, including drawing package, BoM, Manuals, Declarations, etc. to be approved by Lead Mechanical Engineer and COO;
- Compile and deliver accurate and quality reports in a timely manner;
- The engineer’s tasks, priorities and delivery dates will be clearly (and fairly) defined by the Lead Engineer; it is the responsibility of the mechanical engineer to apply time management skills to ensure the deadlines are met.
Required qualifications and skills
We are looking for a Junior Mechanical Engineer who has:
- Proficiency in the Dutch and English language, spoken and written;
- HBO / WO Mechanical Engineering level supplemented with extensive relevant work experience and business and professional training in technology and project management;
- 1 - 5 years relevant experience in the field of Mechanical Design Engineering, manufacturing and Development Engineering;
- Well-developed team and interpersonal skills;
- Work experience in the design of precision mechanical structures, preferably in a high pressure hydrogen environment (this will be beneficial);
- Competency with current CAD systems, construction principles and tolerance analyses. Such as Solidworks or Inventor;
- Knowledge of or experience with the manufacturing industry and design for manufacturing;
- A self-driven and motivated attitude.
About HyET Hydrogen
HyET Hydrogen B.V. is an Arnhem/The Netherlands based high-tech SME that develops and markets an electrochemical hydrogen purifier and compressor (EHP/EHC), founded in 2008. HyET Hydrogen consists of a team of approximately 40 colleagues. HyET Hydrogen is a fast-growing company which is internationally active and is engaged in various development projects in the field of compression, purification and extraction of hydrogen.
Are you the Junior Mechanical Engineer we are looking for? Apply for this position by sending a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Back to overview